Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Games, Billabong #2, and a Ridiculous Charge



Over the weekend, we had a fun game day with friends and too many snacks. 

Sunday, I went away for a 24 hour retreat at Billabong Retreat, my second time there (about an hour and a half from where we live on on the train). It was a nice, relaxing time by the pond, swimming in the magnesium hydrotherapy pool, doing yoga, drinking tea on a comfy couch by the woodburning stove, and with someone else cooking me gourmet vegan meals. I actually used a hot water bottle that was wearing a sweater. It was awesome. 














Now I'm back and it's a normal work week. We are slowly checking items off the list to get ready for our international move. Mike got a text recently telling us about a $33000 charge on our credit card. Our eyes popped out of our heads, but then we found out it was an error on the part of the bank because they forgot to include the decimal point, and the amount was what it was supposed to be - $330. That was a nice heart attack to start off the week. 

It looks like it's going to be a pretty cold and rainy for the next few days, so we are just hunkering down and doing what we have to do. Being public transport commuters is not fun in this weather, but I just wear my rubber boots and hope for the best. 



No comments:

Post a Comment