Thursday, July 18, 2019

Winter School Holidays


Even though the vacations are over, it's still school holidays in New South Wales this week. Penelope still goes to daycare for two days, so I used those days to do a lot of chores, errands, "personal care", and some hobbies. I got my hair trimmed and my nails done, since they were all looking a little mangy. I played frisbee again for the first time in a month. Etc. I even went to the pool to swim in the cold, which is so much better in Hawaii at the moment. I cooked yummy home-cooked things. I made a trip to the hardware store. 

As the week comes to a close, I still have to babysit. Then we have a quiet weekend, and the next school term starts back up. Mike is doing his usual work stuff, and he has been helping a friend's small event-running business with an app. Penelope was happy to be back at family daycare. She continues to climb all over our furniture and learn new words every day. 

I'm loving the third season of Stranger Things, tolerating The Handmaid's Tale, and just starting Big Little Lies.

We are slowly starting to prepare for our move back to the US, but the checklist is very long, and we are only at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment