Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Quarantined



PJ has "hand, foot, and mouth disease", and Michael is in Wellington, NZ for work for a few days. This means that I am just taking care of PJ and don't get to do any fun activities with her out and about, like swimming, since she is contagious. Grown-ups can carry the virus, but aren't likely to experience the same symptoms as their immune systems are better developed. Luckily, I haven't had any issues so far. Even though she shouldn't be around other babies, we can at least go out for walks in her stroller in the morning and in the late afternoon to get some fresh air.

PJ goes through times where she is her usual silly self, and then times where she is a little crankier and more tired from the fever. She's also getting annoyed with me because I keep giving her medicine. Sorry, kiddo. You'll thank me one day.

Anyway, so far I am just thankful it's mild. The timing isn't the best, but it could be worse. Mike watched her yesterday before leaving, while I taught for the day. I have easily freed up my schedule for the rest of the week, so we are fortunate with our flexibility. For now, we wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment