Friday, November 23, 2018

Sort-of-Thanksgiving and Buster Scruggs



This time last year, we were in the states, celebrating with family. 

I last minute decided to try to make a sort-of-Thanksgiving meal. I cooked a few pieces of turkey breast, Easy Mac, and sweet potato, with a side of fresh green grapes and leftover fried rice with green beans. It was just the three of us when Michael got home from work. Even though just about everything was non-traditional about our Thanksgiving, down to us being in the wrong country, it was Penelope's first. I'm not sure she even knows, since she couldn't eat most of the food. 

I try to remind myself daily of how much I am thankful for. That being said, I am particularly thankful this year for Penelope joining our family.

We finished off the evening, after P went to bed, by starting The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. We are four vignettes into it; we are kind of watching it like episodes of a TV show, rather than a movie. Anyway, I'm really enjoying it, despite the fact that it's really messed up, and also that (so far, anyway) there have been no female characters. You kind of go into a Coen Bros. movie expecting it to be violent and for there to be characters with dark intentions. Anyway, I am also thankful I'm not alive during their version of the Wild West. 

1 comment:

  1. You weren't relieved to see that there's life after death?

    ReplyDelete