Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Run for the Roses


I lost a bet to Michael recently. When we were at Ikea, I bet we couldn't fit all the big boxes in our little GoGet car. He was able to Tetris everything in, so I had to bake him a pie.

For the first time ever, and without a real mixer or rolling pin, I made a pretty damn good Run for the Roses pie. It's incredibly rich and I put a tiny bit more bourbon than the recipe said so it tastes super boozey. I consider it a success. Other than being a very time consuming process, and the fact that our oven really heats up the apartment on an already hot day, I realized it is actually not that difficult and will probably make one again. Also, there was dough leftover that I froze, so a third of the work is done anyway. Cooking for the first time in our new kitchen, using a brand new stove and oven, was quite pleasant. 

In other good news, I found out we are getting the money for our bond back in full (our apartment deposit). I wasn't sure if we would, based on a few minor things, so yay! Also, literally five minutes before handing the keys back over I discovered a pretty big wasp nest building under the overhang of our bedroom window. Now it's somebody else's problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment