Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sydney Tea Festival


This weekend Michael is away in Brisbane for the Halibut frisbee tournament. Every tournament has a theme and for some reason the theme this year is 20,000 BC. Themes are usually kind of random and out there, but that one seems exceptionally so. 

Anyway, I went to the Sydney Tea Festival at the Carriageworks today, which was awesome. I didn't know quite what to expect, but it exceeded my expectations. When you arrive you are given a little tasting mug and you can try as many different teas as you want to your heart's content. I got a little jittery since I tried more caffeinated teas than I would normally drink. You gotta live a little, sometimes.

Almost every stall had so many different kinds of tea and free tastings, pastries and food, and tea accessories (like teapots and mugs, tea cosies, etc). I even saw the Urban Beehive people (with whom I had taken a beekeeping class over a year ago), and I bought some more local honey. 

Harajuku Girls like tea too.


- Chocolate Matcha Whoopie Pies -
There were so many good pastries to taste and buy!


Some of my acquisitions: honey harvested in my neighborhood, matcha nut butter, dandelion chai, and my tasting cup. I admit, part of the reason I got the matcha nut butter was the super cute jar. 


I definitely plan to come again next year and bring some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment