Monday, February 15, 2016

An Ordinary Sunday



It was Michael's and my first Valentine's Day apart since we met. It's not usually a big day for us anyway, but usually we have a nice dinner or something. I don't like making a big deal of it, single or attached, because it's kind of meaningless and silly. If someone buys you flowers or candy or gifts just because it's Valentine's Day, it feels kind of forced because it's a social obligation. And, if you don't have someone to buy things for, who cares? People shouldn't feel bad about that.

I decided to have a breakfast date with myself and try Ruby's Diner, a place I had noticed passing by on the bus so many times. It was relaxing and delicious. Then I hopped on the next bus going to the next beach, which happened to be Coogee Beach. I had a pleasant walk around and sat on the rocks for a little while. Later in the day I played some ultimate frisbee with some friends, which I think I have done on many previous Valentine's Days. 

Otters are my spirit animal. Michael actually tracked down some otters at a park in Singapore and texted me photographs of them. I suppose if he couldn't be here in person, that was the next best thing. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment