Monday, November 30, 2015

Uluru and Kata Tjuta - aka Life on Mars








Michael and I spent a few days in the real outback. It was about 100 degrees fahrenheit every day we were there, and it's not even the height of summer yet. Luckily the mornings and evenings were comfortable, though. We biked completely around Uluru and did the Valley of the Winds hike through/around Kata Tjuta. There was very little wildlife and very little water; we mostly saw red soil and brown plants. Desert sunrise, sunset, and rainbows can be spectacular. Michael was able to test out his time-lapse photography skills and hopefully some videos will be coming in the near future. 

It was interesting to be in the desert for a few days, but I am happy to be back in Sydney's climate once again. The town of Yulara, where we stayed, did not have very many food options, so I'm happy to be back in the land of cafes too. 

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone in our absence. As many do these days, I find the origin of the holiday ironic, but I still enjoy the simple idea of being thankful and spending time with friends and family - so I hope everyone had an enjoyable time! I'm hoping and planning that this is the last Thanksgiving we'll miss due to being overseas.




No comments:

Post a Comment