Wednesday, November 11, 2015

2 Weeks, 3 States

Victoria

The last two weeks have been very busy. We went to PAX AUS in Melbourne. Also in Melbourne, we met up with my family and celebrated my mom's birthday with my cousins who live there. We also discovered our favorite Australian restaurant, Chin Chin

New South Wales

We came back to Sydney to work for a few days. My parents and brother spent a few soggy days wandering the city, and we took a fun day trip to the Blue Mountains. We hit the usual favorite spots despite very foggy/slightly drizzly weather: The Yellow Deli, Echo Point, upper Leura Cascades, and The Treasured Teapot. 

Queensland

Next stop: Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands. We had two great day trips that included snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef. There were no unusual sealife sightings, just lots of pretty, colorful fish of all sizes. The largest one we saw was a grouper that was about three meters long (from the boat, not while we were in the water)! The last day while my family relaxed, Michael and I went on a jetski tour. He tried his hardest manoeuvring (is that really how that's spelled, spellcheck?) to throw me off, to no avail.











We spent my family's last night eating at another one of our favorite restaurants back in Sydney, Pony. Now they are en route back to the US and we are chilling out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment