Thursday, May 14, 2015

Sweet Home Sydney

I apologize for the quality of this short clip, but it sums up trivia on Monday.




Yeah, we were that team. To be fair though, the baby slept in its little carrier the whole time as we sat in the back corner. If anything, he was exposed only to knowledge. We came in third and won a prize, so that didn't suck.

In other news this week, I got to teach at a frisbee friend's school and back in Will's class again (see older post about how much I love Will, who I've known from back when I worked at the preschool/daycare place). Familiar faces are like gold when most of your work day is often spent navigating through strangers. Also, Will told me about how he had a birthday party for his cat and actually invited people and they came over, an idea that is so absurd I kind of want to do it too. 

Michael and I also went to our first Yelp Elite event. It was a happy hour at a trendy bar where we got free super fancy drinks and finger food. It was all pleasant and everyone was nice and easygoing, almost so much that it was also strange, like being in a short story where at the end we find out we've been eating human meat or been part of some kind of social experiment where have been enticed by something too good to be true and then turned against each other. But that didn't happen, we just had a nice evening and then went home. 

And then I won my first frisbee game of the season... a season that started five weeks late because of four weeks of consecutive bad weather/field conditions specifically every Wendesday. 

All in a week's work.


No comments:

Post a Comment