Monday, January 13, 2020

Seeped into the subconscious



As I get re-accustomed to life in the US, I don't feel like I miss Australia in a conscious way. But then, I think back and realize...

Today, I watched Bluey and The Wiggles with my daughter. Multiple times. I did a big Bonds baby clothes order online yesterday (it's free shipping to the US if you spend over $100!). I have probably checked the NSW fire map every day (some days more than once) for the last month to make sure my friends' homes are all safe. I've also donated money to the Rural NSW fire service, and you should too, if you can! I have had vegemite for breakfast in at least the last four days. When I recently bought wine for someone as a gift, it was from South Australia. When I hear Men at Work's "Down Under" on the radio, I can't not sing out loud. I still say "nappies" and "Up you get" and other slang when talking to Penny or kids at work. I just looked up a G Flip video on youtube. I hate pennies now (one cent coins, not my daughter), and wish dollar coins were more prevalent.

I could probably go on and on. 

Love you, 'Straya!

No comments:

Post a Comment