Tuesday, February 12, 2019

First Day Away


Pen survived her first day of family daycare! To our surprise, she was the only kid there today. Apparently, the only other kids - a set of twins - are on holiday for a few weeks with their family. So, she gets one-on-one attention for the first few times, while she is getting to know her new carer. She didn't cry at all, which is pretty amazing. It was only a short day, tomorrow will be about a 2/3 length day, and then after that it will just be full days. 

It was strange to amble around the city and have two hours of free time. I was somewhat limited, in that I wanted to remain in the area in case I needed to pick her up early or there were any issues. I had a leisurely tea at Grounds of the City and did some carefree shopping. I even randomly found a nice dress on sale at Dangerfield, to wear to the next misc. special event. I am of the school of thought that if you see a nice dress you really like that fits, even if you don't have a specific event to buy it for, you should get it anyway. It happens so rarely to me, maybe once a year or every other year, that it's a reasonable way to shop. Then, when a special event arrives, you're not stuck at the whim of whatever styles happen to be in stores at that moment. Also, since I had a baby, clothes fit a little bit differently than they used to, so it's good to have something that I know fits.

Now, it's time to continue being productive while Pen takes her long, post-daycare exhaustion nap. I'm getting lots of cooking, chores, etc. done. Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment