Wednesday, May 23, 2018

May Happenings


Since I last posted, we took Penelope to her first farmers market and for her first time to Bondi Beach. Both were fun for her and us, since we got to get out and about and be social with friends.

What else have I been doing, you ask? I've also been working on Pen's first Shutterfly album, and I'm quite proud of how long it's taken me, which is about two weeks. It's a fun creative side project, and I already am gathering the photos for the next one. 

As the week barrels into its second half, we are getting ready for Penelope's first flight up to Coolangatta. We have been there several times before, so it's nice to do a trial weekend away somewhere familiar. The flight is only about an hour. We will also have loads of friends travelling up too, since it's the weekend of the beach nationals frisbee tournament. Even Pen's best buddy, baby Finn, will be there. Mike will play, and Pen and I will be the cheer squad. I'm not in shape to play a tournament so soon after having her, but hopefully I'll be able to play next year. At least I'll probably be able to take a dip in the ocean while a friend looks after her in the shade tent. 

Whenever I saw someone travelling with a baby before I had one, I'd think, "That looks like a pain". Now I'll get to be that person! If the choice is between going through the extra effort to go somewhere or just staying home, we choose to still have a life (or try to anyway). 

No comments:

Post a Comment