Friday, June 2, 2017

Planet Earth 2 (If only there were one)


It should come as no surprise to anyone that the majority of the world and seemingly the majority of Americans and big companies don't think that the US should leave the Paris Accord. Doing so is damaging to Earth, it's damaging to our international relations with EVERY country, and it doesn't make good business sense for the US economy. The positive that seems to be coming out of this is that everyone who is deciding to innovate will leave the old ways of thinking behind, and those are the people who reap future benefits. People who care about the future and who have good business sense will do the right thing regardless of this terrible decision, and history will look favorably on them. The rest of the world is saying, "We will do this with or without you". How sad that the US will be left behind, and that countries that were once our allies will be less likely to bail us out in the future because of a unilateral decision one buffoon made, for literally no good reason. 

Mike and I have been watching Planet Earth 2 lately, and it's incredible. Several times each episode I am blown away with the footage they've captured, and how they manage to tell poignant narratives about each different species and habitat. Maybe all the dummies in charge should watch it so they can realize all of the beauty that they are callously destroying.

Anyway, when I was grabbing a chai at my favorite local cafe, they were playing Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called to Say I Love You", and it made me feel better. Thanks, Mr. Wonder. I love you, too.

In other news...

1. I was reunited with a friend last night that I hadn't seen in 15 years, just because he happened to be passing through Sydney. We had a common friend who had passed away several years ago, and it was very nice to talk to someone who knew and remembered her, even if only briefly. 

2. Michael and I are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary this weekend. It's our "iron" anniversary so I think we have to eat a lot of meat :)

3. It's the weekend I'm ready to chilllllllllllllllllllll.


No comments:

Post a Comment